Lyla's favorite home cooked meal for those busy nights of sports or rodeo! Cooked low and slow all day in the crockpot or a few hours in the instant pot. Makes a perfectly tender and shreddable roast!
4 lbs Rocking R Roast
1 Sweet Onion, sliced
8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, whole
1 tsp Onion powder
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 cups Red Wine
4 cups Beef Stock
Provolone Cheese, Shredded or Sliced
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides.
- Combine All Ingredients in Crockpot or Instant Pot. (Except cheese, rolls, and butter.)
- Cook: Crockpot on Low for 6-8 hours, Instant Pot on High Pressure for 1.5 hours
- Once meat is done cooking, place on a cutting board, and shred with forks. Keep Au Jus sauce to serve on the side.
- In the meantime, heat oven to Broil. Slice all rolls in half and butter each side. Place in oven for 3 min or until slightly brown.
- Make your sandwich! Place meat, onions, and mushrooms on toasted roll. Top with cheese and place back in the oven until melted. Only about a minute or two!
- Serve French Dip Sandwich, with a side of Au Jus sauce from crockpot, and a crisp salad.
Use any of your favorite cheeses.
Substitute Red Wine with Bone Broth or Pomegranate Juice, and add a tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar